Pages

Friday, October 12, 2007

Making the Most of Your Time

Time management.... I don't know about you, but this is my main problem. I get distracted easily. I think part of it is that I do enjoy making bears so much that I feel a little guilty when I'm working on bears instead of working on something else. And I can't kid myself... I spend too much time on the internet!

We are all given 24 hours in a day. No one can cheat on this and sneak in a few extra hours. Yes, some of us are VERY fortunate in that we don't have to spend 10 of these hours at a day job. But managing our time is still very important... to those who work from home both full time or part time!

The first step in time management is knowing how we are currently "spending" our time. I mean REALLY knowing! I bought myself a couple of timers.... and next week I'll be tracking how I spend my hours. Only after I know how I am spending those precious hours and minutes will I know how I can improve!

I'm keeping track of the time in different catagories: Making Bears, Bear Biz, Housework, Family Time, Fun for me.

And yes, I'll be keeping a timer next to the computer for fun internet time. If I'm answering emails or updating the website though.. that counts as Bear Biz time! :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: