Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Multi-Tasking - Not Always Your Best Option

In this day and age, seems like everyone talks about multi tasking. Why just do one thing when you can get 2 things done in the same time? Sound reasonable....

A few months ago, however, I read an article that was on Yahoo's homepage. It mentioned that multi-tasking may not always be the best idea. It said that sometimes when we try to do more than one thing at a time, we get distracted and don't always do our best work.

Today I tried it out. I had housecleaning to do. Often, I'll work on laundry as I do the housecleaning. This time, though - I decided the laundry could wait. By concentrating ONLY on the housework - I got it done in 1/2 the time!

I realized that when I try to do both the laundry and housework at the same time, I am not focused on just one thing... and then I tend to wander off and do other things too.

I'll keep this little test in mind when I'm bear making.... if it worked for housecleaning - it may also work for my bear making!

No comments: