Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Be Sure to do your Computer Back Ups!!!

My a good friend of mine had a minor disaster happen. Her computer died - and so did her hard drive. ALL of her photos and paperwork were on there.... business book keeping, documents, graphics she worked so hard to create.... gone!

And....she had not backed up her computer.

When she told me, I panicked myself... realizing that it had been MONTHS since my last computer back up (I did one right away!) I tend to put it off as I have stacks and stacks of discs from old back ups laying around... and I can't use my computer while it's backing up that way.... it's just a little bit of a pain.

Then I heard about Mozy.

Mozy is an online service that automatically backs up all of your computer's data every day! I decided to try it out before posting about it and I LOVE it! They even have a free service!!

If you have a broadband connection, you can back up your computer automatically every day! The initial back up takes a while (days) but the program works in the background so that you can still use your computer. Subsequent back ups are automatically scheduled and take just minutes and it only backs up new data (photos, music, documents.....)

Mozy has several different options including a free one! (I use #2)

1) 2GB Totally Free Online Backup! Compliments of Mozy

2) Mozy Unlimited Backup - $4.95/Month!

3) Business Online Backup - .50/GB - MozyPro

Even if you decide not to use Mozy... don't forget to back up your computer!!

Have a great weekend!
Laura

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.